Sunday, April 20, 2014

Foreword

The Meaning of Life Challenges

The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want--Ben Stein

You don't lie down when the gusty winds blow nor do you let the winds sweep you away. You face challenges, come what may. Life is what you live for. It is YOU who has to decide what you live for. You live for Yourself? Your family? Your friends? Your religion? Your community? Your country? Your world?. You live for what? Once you visualize it, you move on to 'missionize' your destination and the path that you will take to reach your destination.

It may or may not be one-time exercise: it is more likely to keep changing as the time passes and as you become more and more knowledgeable, experienced and enabled to view, perceive and act your priorities. Life is a journey; not a destination. Destination is what you ultimately achieve, what you really get out of your life and what others get out of your life. Life revolves around the give-and-take phenomenon; the sooner you realize it, the better it is.

The world cares ONLY for those who reach their destination. It is like reaching the FINISH line and winning the game.Are you ready to win the game? It makes no difference to the world whether we succeed or fail; but it does make a difference to us, to our families, our friends, our community.

The very purpose of writing this autobiography is to share beliefs, values, perceptions, opinions, ideas, hopes, fears, and unforgettable experiences, events, debacles, triumphs and defeats with those who are much younger than me and who are yet to face the challenges that I have already faced and succeeded. So far, so good.

This autobiography is supposed to help; how much, I can't say, but I do promise, it will. It depends on you, my reader. It is you who is to see your life, direct the course of your life, reach your goals. I can only give you a helping hand. I can't make your life, but I can help you modify it if you haven't already done it.

What happens to you when you get what you aim for and what happens when you don't get it, is what matters to you and the people around you and the country you live in and the world you cherish. How you treat your joys and sorrows, successes and failures, triumphs and defeats, and still keep going is what really matters in life. Life is NEVER all joy; nor is it ALWAYS all sorrow.

What you need to survive the pricks and pangs of life is the indomitable courage, confidence and conviction. Your Faith in God, Trust in Yourself, and Hope for the Better can lead you to accomplishments that might, at times, appear to be more of a miracle than human deed. Every thing has a reason and the reason is ALWAYS good, as the saying goes. And I do believe it is really so.

Let me invite you in all sincerity, love and faith to join my entourage and travel with me through the journey of my life and, I am sure, you will hit upon many commonalities between your life and mine, in one way or the other, big or small. Very few souls on earth must have gone through the overwhelming odds as a child, teenager and adult as me, but I am still physically and mentally fit and firm to face the challenges ahead. I am still living, still determined, still convinced that I CAN and WILL make it.Why not YOU?

Challenges NEVER end; Life Always does. You are here for a short while. So, why not do your best for yourself, your family, your friends, your religion, your community, your people, your country and the world that belongs to us. Nothing ever goes waste, nothing ever is impossible, nothing ever is unrewarded; your work, your deeds, your accomplishments will always be remembered, cherished and emulated by those who know them. That's MY assurance to you.

What is the secret of my success? My motto and motto ALONE. I coined and lived by my motto all my life: 'Every thing is impossible until you make up your mind to do it.'

As you go read through 'Living Beyond Self,' you will feel, see and learn that I have had hundreds of thousands of miracles and incredible happenings in my life and the lives of those around me. We were all human beings like YOU. And we were all successful in our own ways sooner or later.

Before I close this preview, let me assure you of an interesting, meaningful and enjoyable journey through 'Living Beyond Self.' Do remember me in your prayers: I need a lot of them for the challenges ahead for me, my people, my country and the world I love.

Wishing you Happy and Meaningful Life!

Mumtaz A. Piracha

My Beliefs

ALLAH or GOD

'When nothing works, talk to God, tell him how helpless you are and ask Him to help you. And be sure in your heart and mind that He will.'

WORLD

'World belongs to those who own it.'

LIFE

'Life is never the same. It has the heat of summer, pleasantness of autumn, coldness of winter, and tranquility of spring.'

DEATH

'The last destination of a long and arduous journey.'

FAMILY

'Father is like the sun. Mother is like the moon. Kids are like the stars.'

CHANGE

'Nothing changes unless you are there to change it.'

POWER

'Power belongs to those who can take it.'

HUMAN

'You are human if your heart bleeds at the sadness of your fellow beings.'

LOVE

'The most enduring, the most beautiful and the most inspiring emotion.'

HATE

'To hate someone is to light a fire within you.'

KINDNESS

'To be good to others who are the creation of the same God.'

JEALOUSY

'It is for those who rest on the pathway and let others pass by.'

FORGIVENESS

'Forgive others if you want to be forgiven by God.'

CHARITY

'It is something that we share with others out of what God has bestowed upon us.'

GENEROSITY

'To be generous is to be kind, mindful, and supportive of your fellow beings.'

Destiny



Everybody is born with innate intelligence, aptitude, and tendencies that need to be discovered and nurtured. Knowledge is acquired, skills developed and experience gained to utilize the innate faculties. Destiny is determined by how far you are able to discover and nurture your God-gifted inborn human faculties. God does not differentiate between believers and non-believers while endowing His people with innate mental and physical characteristics for He is the God for All.

No comments:

Post a Comment