Sunday, April 20, 2014

Female best friends are hard to .......

Female best friends are hard to find and hard to understand. A Facebook friend who became best friend in real life never told me that she wanted to marry me. Instead, she off and on offered to find a wife for me. She could not find one since 2011.

One day a common female friend said to her: "When Piracha looks at you, your face glows and you become a girl of 16. Why don't you two get married? She replied: "I can't marry him because he is of my father's age but I can't let him marry another woman." Reason: my wife may not let me keep her as my best friend.

After that revelation, she never again promised to find a wife for me, nor did I ask her to do it.

(Excerpts from the autobiography 'Living Beyond Self' by Mumtaz A. Piracha)

No comments:

Post a Comment